Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Capital OTB Announces Kickoff of the Region’s Newest Sports Talk Show
• “Capital Sports” Live Broadcast Thursday at the Albany Teletheater
• Shows Kickoff Guest on Thursday Will Be Siena Coach Mitch Buonaguro
• Albany City Rocks Coach of Talor Battle and Jimmer Fredette join Anthony
• Times Union’s lead sports columnist Mark McGuire to discuss the Super Bowl
• Announce Section II Boys High School Basketball All-Star Team and Panel of Experts
The Capital Sports kickoff show Thursday will feature an interview with Siena Basketball Head Coach Mitch Buonaguro at 9:30am. Coach Buonaguro will discuss Siena’s season thus far and his expectations for the team going into the final stretch of the season and the upcoming MAAC tournament.
“I want to thank Siena coach Mitch Buonaguro for being part of Capital Sports’ inaugural kickoff show. We appreciate his time during this busy Siena hoop season and we at Capital Sports wish him and the Saints the very best for the rest of the season,” Capital Sports host Anthony Mormino said. “I’m very excited to host this new live TV sports talk show. The TV venue will give us the ability to take phone calls and emails from viewers live on Television and to have guests on live in-studio to talk directly to fans across the Capital Region. With our focus on local sports, we’ll be able to give local sports fans a heaping helping of their favorite high school and college sports while still covering the big national stories.”
• Segment 1 (9:30am): Coach Buonaguro will discuss Siena’s season thus far and his expectations for the team going into the final stretch of the season and the upcoming MAAC tournament.
• Segment 2 (10:00am): James Hart, President, founder and coach of the Nike Sponsored, nationally-recognized Albany City Rocks AAU program. Mr. Hart will talk about coaching local basketball superstars Talor Battle (now playing basketball at Penn State) and Jimmer Fredette (now playing basketball at BYU and the nation’s leading scorer). Both Talor and Jimmer played for the same City Rock AAU team basketball team.
• Segment 3 (10:30am): Times Union sports columnist Mark McGuire will discuss local college sports and give his thoughts on the upcoming Super Bowl between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Mr. McGuire will also discuss Union and RPI hockey programs and their success so far this season.
• Segment 4 (11:00am): Capital Sports host Anthony Mormino will announce the Section II Basketball All-Star expert panel that will select the High School boys All-Star team. The Team will be selected by an expert panel of high school basketball veterans (coaches, ex-coaches and fans), the panel will select the Section II All-Stars and the Section 2 Player of the Year. The team will be selected the week prior to Section II Sectional play.
Capital Sports will air live each weekday at 9:00 am. The current schedule is as follows: Mondays and Tuesdays 9am-12am; Wednesday through Friday 9am-11am. The new sports show is the only live TV program highlighting local sports daily in the Capital Region. The kickoff show will be Thursday with a live broadcast from the Albany Teletheater at 9:00am.
Read more articles in the NYS Capital OTB category.