Tuesday, October 28, 2008
The Florida Million at Calder Race Course
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 8
* Admission gates open at 11 a.m.
* First race post at 12:25 p.m.
WHERE: Calder Race Course
21001 NW 27th Avenue (University Drive)
Miami, Florida 33056
The Florida Million
Elmer Heubeck Distaff Handicap $200,000-guaranteed 1 1/16 miles fillies and mares 3 years old and upward (registered Florida-breds)
Carl G. Rose Classic $200,000-guaranteed 1 1/8 miles 3-year-olds and upward (registered Florida-breds)
Joe O'Farrell Juvenile Fillies $150,000-guaranteed 7 furlongs 2-year-old fillies (registered Florida-breds)
Jack Price Juvenile $150,000-guaranteed 7 furlongs 2-year-olds (registered Florida-breds)
Jack Dudley Sprint Handicap $150,000-guaranteed 6 furlongs 3-year-olds and upward (registered Florida-breds)
Bonnie Heath Turf Cup $150,000-guaranteed 1 1/8 miles - turf 3-year-olds and upward (registered Florida-breds)
John Franks Juvenile Fillies Turf $100,000-guaranteed 1 1/16 miles - turf 2-year-old fillies (registered Florida-breds)
Arthur I. Appleton Juvenile Turf $100,000-guaranteed 1 1/16 miles - turf 2-year-olds (registered Florida-breds)
The Florida Fair – A FREE and fun event, celebrating “all things Florida”:
* Native marine animals and wildlife, including a rare Florida panther
* Rainforest jungle aviary with exotic parrots
* Florida history presentations
* Ecology and environmental info & exhibits
* Rescued animal shows and care
* Real reptiles, including alligators
Entertainment with a Florida feel
* Live steel drums and traditional folk guitar
* Butch Harrison – Florida cracker storyteller
* Participation activities for children
Seafood Festival: Sample some of South Florida’s best specialties.
FREE Ebony Metallic Travel Mug for Twin Spires Club members.
Non-members may sign up to received mug. While supplies last.
Read more articles in the Calder - Live category.