Wednesday, May 22 2013
“Homegrown” Hessonite Facing International Field in Sheepshead Bay
ELMONT, N.Y. – New York-bred Hessonite, who became a graded stakes winner last time out, takes on an internationally flavored field of seven other turf fillies and mares for Saturday’s 55th running of the Grade 2, $200,000 Sheepshead Bay at Belmont Park.
“New Owners Luncheon” Set for June 2 at Belmont Park
ELMONT, N.Y. – Trainer Bruce Levine and Jena Antonucci will be among the industry speakers participating in The New York Racing Association, Inc.’s (NYRA) next “New Owners Luncheon” at Belmont Park on Sunday, June 2.
Tuesday, May 21 2013
Former NYRA Chairman, CEO Kenny Noe, Jr. Dies at 84
ELMONT, N.Y. – Kenneth “Kenny” Noe, Jr., former president, chief executive officer and chairman of The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) board died Sunday at the age of 84.
Sunday, May 19 2013
Belmont Park Notes
• Orb returns to Belmont Park following Preakness loss; Preakness winner Oxbow ships to Churchill, is expected for G1 Belmont Stakes
• After skipping Preakness, Pletcher has deep lineup for Belmont Stakes, Memorial Day stakes
• Clement to run Mystical Star in G2 Sheepshead Bay, either Bella Castani or Discreet Marq in G2 Sands Point
• California invaders Fed Biz, Jimmy Creed, and Sahara Sky slated to face Pletcher’s duo and others in G1 Met Mile; Fields coming together for additional Memorial Day weekend stakes
• Jockey Luzzi to miss 12-18 weeks with shoulder injury
Monday, May 13 2013
Belmont Park Notes
• Derby winner Orb set for Monday breeze at Belmont
• Up-and-comer Glorious View among probables for next Saturday’s G2 Vagrancy Handicap
Wednesday, May 08 2013
Abraham, Declan’s Warrior, Nine Others Look to Take Flight in Peter Pan
ELMONT, N.Y. – Eleven 3-year-olds, some with their eye on the June 8 Belmont Stakes and others looking beyond, will assemble at Belmont Park on Saturday afternoon for the 59th running of the Grade 2, $200,000 Peter Pan.
Sunday, May 05 2013
Belmont Park Notes: Kentucky Derby Winner Orb Arrives
• Kentucky Derby Winner Orb Arrives at Belmont Park
• Hessonite, Lubash in good order following G3 Victories on Saturday at Belmont
ELMONT, N.Y. – Kentucky Derby winner Orb, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey and jockey Joel Rosario returned to Belmont Park Sunday, prepared to gear up for the next leg of the Triple Crown, the Preakness, on Saturday, May 18. The series concludes June 8 with the 145th running of the Grade 1, $1 million Belmont Stakes.
Saturday, May 04 2013
Belmont Park Notes
• G1 winner Dayatthespa makes 2013 bow Sunday
• English import Infinite Magic, now in Ribaudo’s barn, to make dirt debut in G2 Peter Pan
• McLaughlin has two for Peter Pan
• Field taking shape for Peter Pan
• Unbeaten Lovely Syn and Kilnockagain clash in Sunday’s NYSS Park Avenue
• NYRA offering bonus for 2-year-olds who break their maiden at Belmont and win graded stakes at a NYRA track in 2013
Thursday, May 02 2013
Fort Marcy, Beaugay Top Derby Day Card at Belmont Park
ELMONT, N.Y. – Multiple New York-bred champion Hessonite makes her 2013 debut and tries for her first graded stakes win Saturday when she faces seven other turf fillies and mares in the Grade 3, $150,000 Beaugay at Belmont Park, one of two graded turf stakes on the Kentucky Derby day card.
Saturday, April 27 2013
Westchester (G3) Quotes
Leana Willaford, assistant to Bill Mott, winning trainer of Flat Out (No 3): “He does have an affinity for this racetrack, and he showed it today. He had won going a mile before. Sometimes when you shorten them up, they finish a little stronger. [Junior Alvarado] did a great job. He was aware [Cross Traffic] was the lone speed and didn’t let him get too far away.”
Thursday, April 25 2013
Flat Out, Seeking First Win Since Gold Cup, Returns to Belmont for Westchester
ELMONT, N.Y. – In three starts at Belmont Park, Flat Out has won three graded stakes: the 2011 Grade 2 Suburban Handicap and the 2011 and 2012 editions of the Grade 1 Jockey Club Gold Cup.
On Saturday, Flat Out will attempt to improve his Belmont record to 4-for-4 when he carries the Preston Stables colors in the Grade 3, $150,000 Westchester for 3-year-olds and up.
Monday, October 29 2012
AQUEDUCT, BELMONT CLOSED FOR SIMULCASTING MONDAY AND TUESDAY
ELMONT, N.Y. – Belmont Park and Aqueduct Racetrack will be closed for simulcasting on Monday, October 29, and Tuesday, October 30 in anticipation of heavy rain and high winds as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Telebet and Internet wagering through NYRA Rewards also will be suspended on both days.