Saturday, May 04 2013
Belmont Park Notes
• G1 winner Dayatthespa makes 2013 bow Sunday
• English import Infinite Magic, now in Ribaudo’s barn, to make dirt debut in G2 Peter Pan
• McLaughlin has two for Peter Pan
• Field taking shape for Peter Pan
• Unbeaten Lovely Syn and Kilnockagain clash in Sunday’s NYSS Park Avenue
• NYRA offering bonus for 2-year-olds who break their maiden at Belmont and win graded stakes at a NYRA track in 2013
Thursday, May 02 2013
Fort Marcy, Beaugay Top Derby Day Card at Belmont Park
ELMONT, N.Y. – Multiple New York-bred champion Hessonite makes her 2013 debut and tries for her first graded stakes win Saturday when she faces seven other turf fillies and mares in the Grade 3, $150,000 Beaugay at Belmont Park, one of two graded turf stakes on the Kentucky Derby day card.
Saturday, April 27 2013
Westchester (G3) Quotes
Leana Willaford, assistant to Bill Mott, winning trainer of Flat Out (No 3): “He does have an affinity for this racetrack, and he showed it today. He had won going a mile before. Sometimes when you shorten them up, they finish a little stronger. [Junior Alvarado] did a great job. He was aware [Cross Traffic] was the lone speed and didn’t let him get too far away.”
Thursday, April 25 2013
Flat Out, Seeking First Win Since Gold Cup, Returns to Belmont for Westchester
ELMONT, N.Y. – In three starts at Belmont Park, Flat Out has won three graded stakes: the 2011 Grade 2 Suburban Handicap and the 2011 and 2012 editions of the Grade 1 Jockey Club Gold Cup.
On Saturday, Flat Out will attempt to improve his Belmont record to 4-for-4 when he carries the Preston Stables colors in the Grade 3, $150,000 Westchester for 3-year-olds and up.
Monday, October 29 2012
AQUEDUCT, BELMONT CLOSED FOR SIMULCASTING MONDAY AND TUESDAY
ELMONT, N.Y. – Belmont Park and Aqueduct Racetrack will be closed for simulcasting on Monday, October 29, and Tuesday, October 30 in anticipation of heavy rain and high winds as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Telebet and Internet wagering through NYRA Rewards also will be suspended on both days.
DOMINGUEZ WINS BELMONT FALL RIDING TITLE;
TRAINERS BROWN, JACOBSON TIE
ELMONT, N.Y. – Two-time Eclipse Award-winning jockey Ramon Dominguez continued his domination of The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) circuit as he added the 2012 Belmont Park fall meet to his ever-growing list of riding titles.
Dominguez, 35, rode 56 winners during the 37-day meet, which concluded on Sunday, and has now won 19 individual titles on the circuit beginning with the 2007-08 inner track meet at Aqueduct Racetrack
Sunday, October 28 2012
BELMONT PARK NOTES - October 28, 2012
• Boisterous works for G2 Red Smith Handicap in company with Breeders’ Cup-bound Point of Entry; Hit It Rich headed for G3 Long Island Handicap
• Pletcher will be well-represented on opening weekend at Big A as fields take shape for G2 Tempted, G2 Nashua; Breeders’ Cup quartet awaiting mid-week flight to California
• Breeders’ Cup hopefuls have final works at Belmont
• Stormy Len to step up in G2 Nashua
• Clement could have two starters in G3 Long Island ‘Cap
TURNBACK THE ALARM (G3) / BOLD RULER (G3) QUOTES
TURNBACK THE ALARM (G3) QUOTES
Joel Rosario, winning jockey aboard Afleeting Lady (No. 8): “That was an easy trip. It looked like [All Due Respect] was the speed. My horse has speed, too, but I just let them go and let my horse get comfortable and she was really game today.”
AFLEETING LADY, BUFFUM VICTORIOUS IN FINAL GRADED STAKES
ELMONT, N.Y. – Buffum came out running and never stopped as he posted a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday’s Grade 3, $150,000 Bold Ruler Handicap, one of two graded stakes on the second-to-last card of Belmont Park’s 37-day fall meet.
One race earlier, the 5-year-old mare Afleeting Lady became a graded stakes winner as she collared front-running All Due Respect in midstretch and pulled clear to a 3 ½-length triumph in the Grade 3, $150,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap.
Thursday, October 25 2012
G3 BOLD RULER, G3 TURNBACK THE ALARM HIGHLIGHT CLOSING WEEKEND
ELMONT, N.Y. – Closing weekend at Belmont Park is highlighted by a pair of Grade 3 races, with both the $150,000 Bold Ruler Handicap and the $150,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap for fillies and mares set for Saturday, the penultimate day of racing.
After Sunday’s final card, thoroughbred action moves to Aqueduct Racetrack beginning Friday, November 2, with opening day offering the simulcast of Day 1 of the Breeders’ Cup from Santa Anita Park.
$102K PICK 6 CARRYOVER ADDS ZIP TO THURSDAY CARD
ELMONT, N.Y. – Go Get the Basil ($49.60) won Wednesday’s fifth race at Belmont Park, the opening leg of the Pick 6 sequence, to help trigger a two-day carryover of $102,854.
Even with favorites winning races 7 and 9, there were no live tickets heading into the ninth and final race of the day, won by long shot Northern Tripp ($61.50). There were 13 tickets that correctly tabbed five of six winners, with the consolation returning $1,838.
Monday, October 22 2012
BELMONT PARK NOTES - Sunday, October 21, 2012
• Awesome Feather, Corporate Jungle work for Breeders’ Cup; Brown prepares for Monday turf works
• Sciacca proud of Empire Classic runner-up Saratoga Snacks
• Hudson winner Mine Over Matter has found his niche sprinting; The Lumber Guy preps for Breeders’ Cup
• Pletcher foursome breezes for Breeders’ Cup