Friday, December 20 2013
SUNDAY MARKS FINAL DAY OF RACING AT HOLLYWOOD PARK
AOTEAROA CUTS BACK IN $200,000 KING GLORIOUS STAKES
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (December 19, 2013)— Aotearoa will cut back in distance and return to a synthetic surface in the $200,000 King Glorious Stakes Sunday at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Barn Notes: Thursday, December 19
TRAINER TOM AMOSS KEEPING AN EYE ON THE SKIES IN ADVANCE OF SANTA SUPER SATURDAY AT FAIR GROUNDS
• Hall of Fame Trainer Lukas Enters Pair for Santa Super Saturday
• Santa Super Saturday Also Family Day at Fair Grounds
• Fair Grounds Jockey, Trainer Standings Through Sunday
SANTA ANITA STABLE NOTES - Thursday December 19
• NEW DATES, BEHOLDER HAVE MANDELLA OPTIMISTIC
• CASSIDY SEEKS MALIBU UPSET WITH HOLY LUTE
• ESPINOZA EXCUSES COLT’S ‘ROOKIE’ MISTAKE
Wednesday, December 18 2013
Gulfstream Park News & Notes - December 18
Bourbon Courage Set for Sunday’s $100,000 Harlan’s Holiday
Strong Group of Maidens Kick off Thursday Card
Brown To Saddle Two in Saturday’s $100,000 Dania Beach (G3)
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – Trainer Chad Brown will saddle two of the nine starters in Saturday’s $100,000 Dania Beach Stakes (G3), a one-mile test for juveniles on the grass. Both colts, Pleuven and Request, are coming off significant breaks.
Damon Runyon (NYB) Quotes
Rick Violette, winning trainer of Samraat (No. 1): "I thought the two turns would be right up his alley; pedigree-wise it's supposed to be up his alley, and it was. The pace slows down a little bit, he gets into a nice rhythm, and the only thing that concerned me was his preparation. We've had a lot of bad weather and he missed some training, but he was good enough to overcome that today."
Read more articles in the Aqueduct
SANTA ANITA STABLE NOTES (Wednesday December 18
HORSEMEN, FANS AWAIT ‘THE BIG MEET’ AND BEYOND
• FLASHBACK SET FOR COMPETITIVE GRADE I MALIBU
• PATRICK VALENZUELA READY TO RESUME HIS CAREER
• McANALLY GOES FROM PONIES TO PIGSKIN SATURDAY
FOUR $75,000 STAKES TOP SANTA SUPER SATURDAY
• Asmussen (Prayer for Relief), Amoss (Grand Contender) Duel in Tenacious
• Channel Marker, Great Mills, ‘Cash’, Tour Guide to Meet in Bonapaw
• King David, Daddy Nose Best Head ‘Buddy’ Diliberto Memorial ‘Cap
• Class Included, Artemus Kitten Top Blushing K. D. ‘Cap
Sunday, December 15 2013
Playa Del Rey Stakes Quotes
VICTOR ESPINOZA, TEDDY'S PROMISE, Winner: "Today she was ready to go and did everything right. When she feels like running, she runs. She's really honest and an old pro. It's amazing how (Ellis) takes his time with her and gets her ready for a race."
Gulfstream Today 12.15
Coup de Grace Stays Unbeaten with Allowance score
Castellano Notches Four-Win Afternoon
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – Having resisted the temptation to unveil touted 2-year-old Coup de Grace at Saratoga Race Course this summer, trainer Chad Brown is being rewarded for his patience.
$100,000 South Beach Quotes
Trainer Mark Hennig (Baffle Me): "I have to give Javier (Castellano) credit, he’s gotten her to relax well. A year ago at this time you could have never dreamed that this filly would sit off of a 48-and-change half mile and, like he said, ‘I almost rated her too much today.’ She was like ‘when can we go, when can we go?’ But that was perfect. It was closer than we wanted it to be, but I think she had something left if they had gotten to her.
Gulfstream News & Notes: Sun 12/15
Mucho Macho Man Breezes Half Mile at Gulfstream
Yes I'm Lucky Scheduled to run in Dania Beach
Kendrick Carmouche Makes Career Move to Gulfstream