Friday, June 05 2015
Jersey Girl Quotes
Kiaran McLaughlin, winning trainer of Cavorting (No. 5): "She's another one that's taken a little bit of work because she ran poorly here in the slop and then at Gulfstream. Luckily, we have patient owners that allowed us to figure her out. She broke sharp and then [jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr.] settled her back because they were going so fast. She went a little wide, but it worked out well. She's a nice filly; it's nice to get her back in the winner's circle."
Pimlico’s Mandatory Rainbow 6 Payout Saturday
Pool Could Climb to $1 Million on Belmont Stakes Day
BALTIMORE - The Preakness Meet at Pimlico Race Course ends Saturday afternoon with a bonus – a mandatory payout of its 10-cent Rainbow 6 with a carryover of $275,321.
Saturday’s closing day at Pimlico will also include a Belmont Stakes watch party as Preakness winner American Pharoah attempts to become the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years. There will be drink and food specials as well as American Pharoah and Triple Crown merchandise at Pimlico as well as Laurel Park.
Read more articles in the Pimlico
Belmont Stakes Notes 6/5
• Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah finalizes preparations for G1 Belmont
• Pletcher reflects on past Belmont winners
• McLaughlin brings Frosted to Belmont in midst of hot streak
• Belmont contender Tale of Verve goes for last gallop over track
• Frammento will be Zito's modern-day record 25th Belmont starter
ELMONT, N.Y. - After the final screws were tightened on Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah on Friday morning, the colt's connections were eagerly anticipating Saturday's Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes while trying to keep their emotions in check.
Thursday, June 04 2015
Belmont Stakes Notes 6/4
• Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah is 'all systems go' for G1 Belmont Stakes
• Pletcher duo well-suited to Belmont, according to trainer
• Anticipation builds for McLaughlin, Frosted
• Stewart pleased with rider change on Tale of Verve for Belmont
• Mubtaahij receives final blowout for Belmont
• Keen Ice gets familiar with 'Big Sandy'
• Frammento gives Zito third chance to upset Triple Crown
ELMONT, N.Y. - All systems go.
That was the pronouncement by Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert after he watched Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner American Pharoah gallop on the main track Thursday morning in preparation for Saturday's Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes, the third leg of the elusive Triple Crown to be contested as part of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival presented by DraftKings.
Wednesday, June 03 2015
Shook Up slight favorite in tough G1 Acorn
ELMONT, N.Y. - Grade 1 Kentucky Oaks runner-up Shook Up has been installed as a mild 7-2 favorite in a competitive field of 12 for the 85th running of the Grade 1, $750,000 Acorn Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at a mile on Saturday at Belmont Park.
Tonalist takes Belmont win streak into loaded G1 Metropolitan Handicap
ELMONT, N.Y. - One year after his upset victory over California Chrome in the 146th Belmont Stakes, Tonalist returns to Belmont Park as the horse to beat in a star-studded renewal of the Grade 1, $1.25 million Metropolitan Handicap.
The 122nd running of the Met Mile is one of six Grade 1 races, nine graded stakes and 10 overall stakes on Saturday's 13-race Belmont Stakes Day program, capped by the $1.5 million 'Test of the Champion,' where American Pharoah seeks to become the 12th Triple Crown winner and first since 1978.
Belmont Stakes Draw Quotes
Trainer Bob Baffert (American Pharoah, post position 5, 3-5 morning line): "I don't really think it's a horrible post position. I've always liked the five. It's one I've had good luck with. The main thing is that the horse is doing well; I think that's the most important thing. He's doing great, but we still have to get around there."
"I think we don't know until it happens. A mile and a half is very foreign for most of those 3-year-olds and for me. We're just going to get him ready and if he's great he'll get it done."
American Pharoah gets acquainted with Belmont main track
ELMONT, N.Y. - Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah went out onto a sloppy Belmont Park main track for the first time this morning to stretch his legs and become acclimated with his new surroundings as he prepares for Saturday's Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes as part of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival presented by DraftKings, and perhaps a date with destiny.
Tuesday, June 02 2015
Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah arrives at Belmont Park
ELMONT, N.Y. - Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah arrived in New York safe and sound on Tuesday afternoon, landing at Long Island's MacArthur Airport before traveling 40 miles west to take up residence in Barn 1 on the Belmont Park backstretch at approximately 3:40 p.m.
Belmont Park Notes 6/2
• Keen Ice keen to go for Belmont Stakes, joining American Pharoah en route to Belmont Park
• Stewart in familiar spot with Tale of Verve in Belmont
• Clement looking forward to Grade 1 Met Mile with Tonalist
• Belmont Stakes contender Frammento leaves Saratoga for Long Island
• McLaughlin loaded with stakes runners for 'big weekend'
ELMONT, N.Y. - Keen Ice, who will carry the colors of Jerry Crawford's Donegal Racing in the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes, wrapped up the last of his works Tuesday morning when the bay colt traveled four furlongs in 50:20 over a fast Churchill Downs main track.
Churchill Downs Barn Notes: Tue 6/2
American Pharoah June 2 departure photo credit: Churchill Downs/Reed Palmer Photography
KEEN ICE BREEZES FOUR FURLONGS IN :50.20 FOR BELMONT STAKES; AMERICAN PHAROAH, KEEN ICE BOUND FOR NEW YORK
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Tuesday, June 2, 2015) - Donegal Racing's Keen Ice put in his final work Tuesday at Churchill Downs before taking on Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (GI) and Preakness Stakes (GI) winner American Pharoah in Saturday's $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (GI) at Belmont Park.
Monday, June 01 2015
Belmont Park Notes 6/1
• Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah turns in final breeze for G1 Belmont Stakes; probable Belmont field now stands at eight
• Multiple G1 winner Carpe Diem withdrawn from Belmont
• Zito finalizing travel plans for Belmont Stakes contender Frammento
• Honor Code on track for Grade 1 NYRA.com Met Mile; Bayern breezes at Churchill Downs for $1.25 million race
• Untapable, Shook Up work toward Belmont Stakes Day assignments
• Jerkens has strong hand for Belmont Stakes undercard
• Finnegans Wake looks for back-to-back G1 wins in Knob Creek Manhattan