Monday, March 18 2013
BOURBON COURAGE: ONE MORE ROUND
• Ground Transport Fires Another Bullet Saturday for Louisiana Derby
• New Orleans Saints Package Part of FG’s Crawfish Boil Monday
• Jockey Pat Johnson Suffers Broken Collarbone Saturday
• Trainer Mike Maker Gets 1,000th Win; Adds 1,001 Later at FG
• Updated Louisiana Derby Probables
Saturday, March 16 2013
ICON IKE TAKES COMMAND OF COLONEL POWER
• Extravaganza Bests Storm’s Promise, Monono in Happy Ticket
NEW ORLEANS (Saturday, March 16, 2013) – Taking advantage of the contentious speed duel up front in Saturday’s 25th renewal of the $75,000 Colonel Power Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots, Fletcher and Carolyn Gray’s Icon Ike responded to the commands of jockey James Graham in the final furlong and drew off late for a 2 3/4-length score at the wire.
STABLE NOTES BY ED GOLDEN - March 15, 2013
• EVERYTHING’S ‘ROSIE’ FOR JOYFUL VICTORY IN SANTA MARGARITA
• SLIM SHADEY TESTS MILE AND A HALF IN GRADE II SAN LUIS REY
• BLANC BACK ABOARD BENCH GLORY IN SUNDAY’S IRISH O’BRIEN
• TALAMO IN PURSUIT OF DERBY DREAM AFTER ILL-FATED BID IN 2009
Gulfstream Park News & Notes - March 15, 2013
Aubby K Steps Right into Inside Information
Live Lively on Course for Gulfstream Park Oaks
Better Lucky Pointing for Keeneland Stakes
LATEST LOUISIANA DERBY PROBABLES
Based on Racing Office updates, published news reports and interviews with horsemen.
Louisiana Derby nominations close Saturday. Entries to be drawn March 27 at 11:30 a.m. in the Fair Grounds paddock.
Friday, March 15 2013
STABLE NOTES BY ED GOLDEN Thursday March 14, 2013
• BRUSHED BY A STAR MAKES LOCAL DEBUT IN SANTA MARGARITA
• LONGSHOT SEEKS FIRST STAKES WIN IN MARATHON SAN LUIS REY
• FEMALE SENSATION ROSIE NAPRAVNIK AT SANTA ANITA SATURDAY
• GOMEZ ON FLASHBACK FOR GRADE I SANTA ANITA DERBY APRIL 6
• $1 MILLION ST. PAT’S HORSESHOE PITCH TAKES PLACE THIS SUNDAY
Uncle Mo Overnight Stakes Quotes
Michael McCarthy, assistant trainer to winning trainer Todd Pletcher, of Caixa Eletronica (No. 1): “It was good to get a race into him. It looked as if he finished up strong and galloped out well. Hopefully this will set him up well for another run at the Charles Town Classic [Grade 2, $1.5 million, April 20].”
Read more articles in the Aqueduct
GULFSTREAM TODAY (3.14.13)
Rainbow 6 Carryover Rises to More Than $650,000
Saint Pete Takes Feature
The Lead: Two horses in the 10th race were eligible to break the 10-cent Rainbow 6 jackpot for $734,496. Midnight Q (No. 3) and Urquia (No. 7) were covered by bettors holding unique tickets, but Starlight Dreamer (No. 6) was victorious, resulting in a $656,215.96 carryover for Friday's program.
Gulfstream Park News & Notes
Orb Has McGaughey Looking Forward to Florida and Kentucky Derbies
Mucho Mas Macho Gearing Up for Pan American
SUM OF THE PARTS TOP PICK IN COLONEL POWER
• Undefeated Same Cross Risks Victory Skein in Happy Ticket Stakes
Klaravich Stable and William Lawrence’s Sum of the Parts, away from competition since a fourth-place finish in Santa Anita’s Grade I Breeders’ Cup Sprint last Nov. 3, has been installed as the 5-2 morning line favorite when he makes his first start of the year in Saturday’s $75,000 Colonel Power Stakes at about 5 1/2-furlongs over the Stall-Wilson Turf Course at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
‘ROAD TO KENTUCKY DERBY’ CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Thursday, March 14, 2013) – The First Leg of the Championship Series on the “Road to the Kentucky Derby” continues Saturday at Oaklawn Park with the $600,000 Rebel (Grade II), which features four horses ranked in the Top 21 in the Point Standings.
Wednesday, March 13 2013
GREAT HOT TRIES TO STAY THAT WAY
TEXAS SHIPPER JOYFUL VICTORY SEEKS MILLIONAIRE STATUS IN GRADE I SANTA MARGARITA ON SATURDAY; SIX DISTAFFERS TO GO 1 1/8 MILES
ARCADIA, Calif. (March 13, 2013)—Great Hot, fresh off the biggest race of her life, a gate to wire score at 9-1 in the Grade II, 1 1/16 miles Santa Maria Stakes on Feb. 16, and Joyful Victory, a well traveled and highly accomplished 5-year-old mare by hot sire Tapit, head a field of six as they each try for consecutive victories in Saturday’s Grade I, $300,000 Santa Margarita Stakes at 1 1/8 miles.