Wednesday, June 05 2013
$200,000 Brooklyn Handicap; $150,000 Jaipur
Quick Casablanca, Calidoscopio Give Brooklyn South American Flair; Mr. Commons Cuts Back in Jaipur
ELMONT, N.Y. – South American imports Quick Casablanca and Calidoscopio headline the Grade 2, $200,000 Brooklyn Handicap at 1 ½ miles on the main track, one of two graded stakes on Friday, the day before the Belmont Stakes.
Belmont Stakes Notes
• Derby winner Orb continues to flourish at home track
• Preakness winner Oxbow jogs after Monday evening arrival from Kentucky
• Repole confirms Midnight Taboo and Unlimited Budget; quiet morning for all five members of the “Todd Squad”
• Napravnik hopes to make history in Belmont
• Freedom Child has an uneventful morning
• Vyjack breezes five furlongs in 59.00
• Always in a Tiz remains on bubble for Belmont
• Giant Finish breezes a half in 49.04
• NYRA to match funds donated on Belmont Stakes Day for Oklahoma tornado victims
Calder Stakes Advance
SUMMIT PREVIEW ATTRACTS EXPERIENCED CROWD
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (June 4, 2013) – The Summit Preview, which consists of four stakes races run at 6 furlongs each that are held one month prior to the Summit of Speed, drew an experienced set of runners for Saturday, June 8, at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Read more articles in the Calder
Tuesday, June 04 2013
Belmont Stakes Notes
• Orb ‘fine’ morning after Sunday breeze; Pletcher awaiting final decision from owner Repole; Incognito set for Belmont Stakes following Sunday breeze; Always in a Tiz decision to come Tuesday; Oxbow and Will Take Charge scheduled to arrive this evening
• McPeek confirms Frac Daddy for Belmont Stakes
• Rain prompts Rodriguez to postpone Vyjack’s breeze to Tuesday
• NYRA to offer a Secretariat poster giveaway on Friday
Saturday, June 01 2013
Belmont Stakes Notes
• Always in a Tiz works for possible start in Belmont; decision Monday on Frac Daddy
• Orb, “Todd Squad”and Incognito to breeze Sunday
• Giant Finish, Freedom Child to work Monday; Vyjack either Monday or Tuesday; Preakness winner Oxbow to arrive Monday
Barn Notes: Saturday, June 01, 2013
• Promising Work All Week Headlines Cammack Nominations
• Third Chance Contestants May Meet Again in Isaac Murphy
PROMISING WORK ALL WEEK HEADLINES CAMMACK NOMINATIONS
Midwest Thoroughbreds’ rising star sprinter Work All Week leads the nominations for next Saturday’s Addison Cammack Handicap at Arlington International Racecourse. The athletic son of swift sire City Zip has won all three of his races this year by a combined 24 lengths without ever being headed.
Saez Wins 5, Pair of Dead-Heat Victories, on Friday at Belmont Park
ELMONT, N,Y. – Jockey Luis Saez, a recent addition to the New York riding colony, brought home five winners, including back-to-back dead heat victories, on Friday afternoon at Belmont Park.
Saez, 20, of Panama, began the day by piloting Copper Forest ($4.30) to dead-heat with Anaphylaxis in race 3, a one-mile optional claimer, and came right back to guide late-running Smash ($5.20) to hit the wire in tandem with Leave of Absence in race 4, a six-furlong optional claimer, both on the main track.
Belmont Park Notes
• Oxbow, Will Take Charge will van to Belmont Park on Monday
• Irad Ortiz, Jr. to ride Incognito in Belmont
• Vyjack to remain at Belmont Park after Friday gallop, Belmont Stakes possible
• Bombaguia takes step up in Grade 1 Woodford Reserve Manhattan
• Shirreffs confirms Mr. Commons for G3 Jaipur
• Fields taking shape for Belmont Day stakes
• Brooklyn, Jaipur probables
GULFSTREAM RELEASES SUMMER CONDITION BOOK
Construction of 500 Stalls Approved
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL - Gulfstream Park has released the first condition book for its historic summer race meet that is set to begin Monday, July 1.
The book, which runs through July 28, also includes the races for June 25, which will serve as the 91st and final day of Gulfstream's 2012-2013 season.
OXBOW, GOLDEN SOUL EXIT THURSDAY WORKS IN GOOD ORDER
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Friday, May 31, 2013) – A trio of Belmont Stakes (Grade I) contenders breezed at Churchill Downs on Thursday, including Preakness (GI) winner Oxbow, Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (GI) runner-up Golden Soul and Will Take Charge, and all exited their workouts in good order.
Friday, May 31 2013
CERRO IS FAVORED IN SATURDAY’S CANONERO II STAKES
BALTIMORE, 05-30-13---Team Valor International’s Cerro (IRE) is named the overwhelming favorite to win Pimlico Race Course’s final stakes race of the spring meeting, the $100,000 Canonero II for 3-year olds, on Saturday afternoon.
Read more articles in the Pimlico
BAFFERT LOOKS FOR FOURTH AFFIRMED VICTORY
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (May 30, 2013)—Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert will seek a record fourth win in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap when he sends out Den’s Legacy and Manando Sunday at Betfair Hollywood Park.
A Grade III for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles over Cushion Track, the Affirmed is the eighth of nine races. Post time Sunday is 1 p.m. Track gates will open at 9:55 a.m. for simulcasts.