Tuesday, June 02 2015
Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah arrives at Belmont Park
ELMONT, N.Y. - Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah arrived in New York safe and sound on Tuesday afternoon, landing at Long Island's MacArthur Airport before traveling 40 miles west to take up residence in Barn 1 on the Belmont Park backstretch at approximately 3:40 p.m.
Monday, June 01 2015
Belmont Park Notes 6/1
• Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah turns in final breeze for G1 Belmont Stakes; probable Belmont field now stands at eight
• Multiple G1 winner Carpe Diem withdrawn from Belmont
• Zito finalizing travel plans for Belmont Stakes contender Frammento
• Honor Code on track for Grade 1 NYRA.com Met Mile; Bayern breezes at Churchill Downs for $1.25 million race
• Untapable, Shook Up work toward Belmont Stakes Day assignments
• Jerkens has strong hand for Belmont Stakes undercard
• Finnegans Wake looks for back-to-back G1 wins in Knob Creek Manhattan
Saturday, May 30 2015
Belmont Park Notes 5/30
• Tale of Verve breezes five furlongs in advance of G1 Belmont Stakes
• Belmont Stakes contender Frammento works for two-time winner and Hall of Famer Zito
• Mubtaahij hits the track again for the Belmont Stakes
• Pletcher's Belmont trio return from works in good shape
• Promise Me Silver fires a bullet ahead of G1 Acorn
• Fields taking shape for G1's on Belmont Stakes Day
ELMONT, N.Y. - Belmont Stakes hopeful Tale of Verve took to the Belmont main track early Saturday morning to log his final breeze in advance of the $1.5 million race on June 6.
Thursday, May 28 2015
Belmont Park Notes 5/28
The Truth or Else joins Belmont Stakes mix; nine appear likely to challenge American Pharoah in his bid for the Triple Crown on June 6
ELMONT, N.Y.-- Trainer Kenny McPeek, who upset War Emblem's bid for a Triple Crown with Sarava in 2002, said Thursday morning that he will more than likely point The Truth or Else towards the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes on June 6.
Friday, September 05 2014
Exercise rider dies after fall at Belmont Park
ELMONT, N.Y. - Exercise rider Juan Vazquez, 39, died Friday morning following a training accident at Belmont Park.
Juan Vazquez was working Global Warrior, an unraced 2-year-old, in company with Broadway Bay in the stretch on the training track at approximately 8 a.m. when the horse suddenly ducked into the inside rail, unseating the rider, according to Bruce Brown, who trains both horses.
Sunday, June 08 2014
2014 Belmont Stakes Day Records
2014 Belmont Stakes Day sets NYRA on-track, total handle record; attendance third highest in Belmont Stakes history
ELMONT, N.Y. - With a Triple Crown bid on the line and 10 outstanding stakes races on the card, this year's Belmont Stakes Day proved to be a smashing hit, with the on-track handle of $19,105,877 and all-sources handle of $150,249,399 easily setting all-time NYRA records.
Interview with Joel Rosario and Christophe Clement
THE MODERATOR: We are fortunate to have Joel Rosario in the film theater here. Joel, if you would, take us through the Belmont trip.
JOEL ROSARIO: First of all, hello, everybody. I was on the outside the whole way and, you know, big horse and, you know, helping him go the mile-and-a-half.
Interview with Victor Espinoza and Alan Sherman
Q. Sorry you didn't get the result you were looking for. Tell us how you feel right now.
VICTOR ESPINOZA: Well, I think like everybody else. It's not easy, but it's just crazy. I'm always ready for the work, for the best and the worst and today, today I feel like we don't have enough to be able to win this race.
Saturday, June 07 2014
Robert Evans post-Belmont interview
THE MODERATOR: All right, everyone, we're joined now by the owner of the winner of the 146th Belmont, Tonalist. That owner is Robert Evans thank you for joining us down here. Congratulations. Maybe to start, we should just ask you your impressions of the race and how you saw it unfold.
ROBERT EVANS: We were a little bit nervous about having the outside post, how he would react to the crowd and he was perfect, he didn't it didn't bother him a bit and he broke well, got a good position and he rode him beautifully.
Belmont Stakes (G1) compiled jockey/trainer quotes
Christophe Clement, winning trainer of Tonalist (No. 11): "It's a great win, it's great for the team, for the staff, for the owner, Mr. Evans, who believed in us. I'm absolutely thrilled. It's wonderful."
"He trained great, he looked great before the race. I'm absolutely delighted that he won."
"I wasn't sure he won. We actually thought he finished second, but we got lucky, he won. It was great."
Did you ever think you'd win the Belmont Stakes when you were growing up in France? "I'm not sure, but I was hoping to win some big races."
Friday, June 06 2014
Belmont Park Notes 6/6
• California Chrome schools in paddock, has final gallop before G1 Belmont Stakes
• General a Rod gets first taste of local surface
• Samraat, Ortiz ready for Belmont Stakes
• Finley has high hopes for Commanding Curve
• Romans trying to catch lightning in a bottle with Medal Count
• Kid Cruz skips Belmont, finds 'easier' spot on undercard for Rice
• Zito reflects on Triple Crowns past, Chrome's chances
• New York trainers, former jockeys backing 'Chrome' in the Belmont Stakes
Thursday, June 05 2014
Belmont Stakes Card - $1.5 Million Pick 4, $1 million Pick 6
Belmont Stakes Card includes $1.5 Million guaranteed Pick 4, $1 million guaranteed Pick 6
ELMONT, N.Y. - The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) will present a $1.5 Million Guaranteed All Grade 1 Pick 4 and a $1 Million Guaranteed All Grade 1 Pick 6 on Saturday, Belmont Stakes Day.