Wednesday, June 03 2015
American Pharoah gets acquainted with Belmont main track
ELMONT, N.Y. - Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah went out onto a sloppy Belmont Park main track for the first time this morning to stretch his legs and become acclimated with his new surroundings as he prepares for Saturday's Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes as part of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival presented by DraftKings, and perhaps a date with destiny.
Tuesday, June 02 2015
Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah arrives at Belmont Park
ELMONT, N.Y. - Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah arrived in New York safe and sound on Tuesday afternoon, landing at Long Island's MacArthur Airport before traveling 40 miles west to take up residence in Barn 1 on the Belmont Park backstretch at approximately 3:40 p.m.
Belmont Park Notes 6/2
• Keen Ice keen to go for Belmont Stakes, joining American Pharoah en route to Belmont Park
• Stewart in familiar spot with Tale of Verve in Belmont
• Clement looking forward to Grade 1 Met Mile with Tonalist
• Belmont Stakes contender Frammento leaves Saratoga for Long Island
• McLaughlin loaded with stakes runners for 'big weekend'
ELMONT, N.Y. - Keen Ice, who will carry the colors of Jerry Crawford's Donegal Racing in the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes, wrapped up the last of his works Tuesday morning when the bay colt traveled four furlongs in 50:20 over a fast Churchill Downs main track.
Churchill Downs Barn Notes: Tue 6/2
American Pharoah June 2 departure photo credit: Churchill Downs/Reed Palmer Photography
KEEN ICE BREEZES FOUR FURLONGS IN :50.20 FOR BELMONT STAKES; AMERICAN PHAROAH, KEEN ICE BOUND FOR NEW YORK
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Tuesday, June 2, 2015) - Donegal Racing's Keen Ice put in his final work Tuesday at Churchill Downs before taking on Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (GI) and Preakness Stakes (GI) winner American Pharoah in Saturday's $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (GI) at Belmont Park.
Monday, June 01 2015
Belmont Park Notes 6/1
• Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah turns in final breeze for G1 Belmont Stakes; probable Belmont field now stands at eight
• Multiple G1 winner Carpe Diem withdrawn from Belmont
• Zito finalizing travel plans for Belmont Stakes contender Frammento
• Honor Code on track for Grade 1 NYRA.com Met Mile; Bayern breezes at Churchill Downs for $1.25 million race
• Untapable, Shook Up work toward Belmont Stakes Day assignments
• Jerkens has strong hand for Belmont Stakes undercard
• Finnegans Wake looks for back-to-back G1 wins in Knob Creek Manhattan
Churchill Downs Notes: American Pharoah Breezes Five Furlongs in 1:00.20
AMERICAN PHAROAH BREEZES FIVE FURLONGS IN 1:00.20 FOR BELMONT STAKES;
SCHEDULED TO LEAVE BARN 33 FOR NEW YORK ON TUESDAY AT 10 A.M. ET
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Monday, June 1, 2015) – Under cloudy skies, light rain and 58 degrees, Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (GI) and Preakness Stakes (GI) winner American Pharoah completed his serious preparation for Saturday’s $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (GI) with a five-furlong breeze over a Churchill Downs track rated “fast” in 1:00.20 with Martin Garcia in the saddle.
Saturday, May 30 2015
AMERICAN OAKS STAKES QUOTES
BRICE BLANC, SPANISH QUEEN, WINNER: “My saddle slipped a little bit and it affected my steering because she was a little aggressive when that happened. The more I pulled on her, the more the saddle moved forward so I was a little . . . I wouldn’t say out of control but I had to give and take a little bit more so it wouldn’t move any further on me. I finally got her to slow down. It shifted forward on me again once I made the lead. I’m tall and she’s little so that made it a little difficult.
Belmont Park Notes 5/30
• Tale of Verve breezes five furlongs in advance of G1 Belmont Stakes
• Belmont Stakes contender Frammento works for two-time winner and Hall of Famer Zito
• Mubtaahij hits the track again for the Belmont Stakes
• Pletcher's Belmont trio return from works in good shape
• Promise Me Silver fires a bullet ahead of G1 Acorn
• Fields taking shape for G1's on Belmont Stakes Day
ELMONT, N.Y. - Belmont Stakes hopeful Tale of Verve took to the Belmont main track early Saturday morning to log his final breeze in advance of the $1.5 million race on June 6.
Barn Notes: American Pharoah Gallops
AMERICAN PHAROAH GALLOPS 1 ½ MILES AT CHURCHILL DOWNS; BAFFERT REPORTS TRIPLE CROWN HOPEFUL WILL BREEZE MONDAY
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Saturday, May 30, 2015) - With only one week until the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (GI), Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (GI) and Preakness Stakes (GI) winner American Pharoah stepped up his training on Saturday morning with a 1 ½-mile gallop on the Churchill Downs main track at 8:30 a.m. ET.
Friday, May 29 2015
Belmont Park Notes 5/29
• Pletcher trio work toward G1 Belmont Stakes
• Frosted 'all set' for G1 Belmont Stakes
• Belmont Stakes winner Tonalist breezes for G1 Met Mile
ELMONT, N.Y. - Following the workouts Friday morning from a trio Todd Pletcher-trained horses for the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes, it appears the two-time Belmont Stakes winning trainer will be represented by all three in the final leg of the Triple Crown on June 6.
Barn Notes: American Pharoah Back to Gallops; ‘Everything is Super Positive’
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Friday, May 29, 2015) – Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (GI) and Preakness Stakes (GI) winner American Pharoah, preparing for a sweep of the Triple Crown in the 147th running of the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (GI) on June 6, had a schooling session in the Churchill Downs starting gate and resumed galloping around the one-mile oval on Friday morning.
Thursday, May 28 2015
Barn Notes: American Pharoah Jogs; Conquest Curlinate Bypasses Belmont
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Thursday, May 28, 2015) - Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (GI) and Preakness Stakes (GI) winner American Pharoah returned to the Churchill Downs racetrack Thursday morning for a once-around clockwise jog around the one-mile oval. The 3-year-old, preparing for a sweep of the Triple Crown in the 147th running of the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (GI) on June 6, walked around Barn 33 on Wednesday after breezing a half-mile in :48 the day before.