Thursday, June 09 2016
Belmont Park Notes 6/9
• Desormeaux sees Exaggerator 'sitting on a huge race' for G1 Belmont
• All systems go for Governor Malibu
• Less is more Thursday for Belmont hopefuls Brody's Cause, Cherry Wine
• Pletcher pleased with Belmont posts for Destin, Stradivari
• Suddenbreakingnews ready for Belmont engagement
• Team Nyquist rooting for Exaggerator in Saturday's Belmont Stakes
• Under the Wire: Lani; Creator, Gettysburg
- Even on his day off, Grade 1 Preakness Stakes winner Exaggerator, the 9-5 program favorite for Saturday's Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes presented by NYRA Bets, showed plenty of energy while walking for trainer Keith Desormeaux on a sunny but blustery Thursday morning at Belmont Park.
Wednesday, June 08 2016
Full field for salty edition of G1 Met Mile
ELMONT, N.Y. - Trainers Todd Pletcher and Kiaran McLaughlin are taking the triple threat tact for the Grade 1, $1.25 million Mohegan Sun Metropolitan Handicap, with each sending out a trio of runners in the full field of 13 tough and talented horses contesting the 123rd running of the race at Belmont Park Saturday.
Exaggerator goes from hunter to hunted in G1 Belmont Stakes
ELMONT, N.Y. - No longer in the shadows following his emphatic victory in the Grade 1 Preakness Stakes, Big Chief Racing, Head of Plains Partners and Rocker O Ranch's Exaggerator will have the headliner's spotlight trained on him early Saturday evening in the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes presented by NYRA Bets at Belmont Park.
Double Entendre Set for Turf Try in Saturday’s Christmas Past
Tyler Gaffalione On Sidelines until Thursday, June 16
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL
– Loooch Racing Stables and Glenn Ellis’ Double Entendre is scheduled for a drop in class and a move to turf in Saturday’s $75,000 Christmas Past Stakes at Gulfstream Park.
Trained by Peter Walder, the daughter of American Lion is set to meet 10 rivals in the 1 1/16-mile turf stakes for 3-year-old fillies after back-to-back Grade 2 appearances in the Gulfstream Park Oaks April 2 and the Black-Eyed Susan May 20.
Gulfstream Hosts Ultimate Belmont Stakes Watch Party
Special Promotions Highlight Triple Crown Simulcast
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – Gulfstream Park will play host to South Florida’s ultimate Belmont Stakes Watch Party Saturday, when the simulcast of the third leg of Thoroughbred racing’s Triple Crown will be preceded by a day of special promotions and a live racing program.
Silks, Gulfstream’s state-of-the-art simulcast facility will open at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. First-race post time for Belmont Park’s stakes-laden program is set for 11:35 a.m. featuring a host of Gulfstream’s Championship Meet alumni. First-race post time for Gulfstream Park’s live card will be 1:15 p.m.
Tuesday, June 07 2016
Final contenders arrive for Saturday’s G1 Belmont Stakes
ELMONT, N.Y. - All 13 expected contenders for Saturday's Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes are on the grounds at Belmont Park following the arrival of Seeking the Soul, Suddenbreakingnews and Trojan Nation late Tuesday afternoon.
The Tex Sutton charter carrying the trio originated in California with a stop in Lexington, Ky. before landing at Long Island MacArthur Airport in Islip, N.Y. at 2:17 p.m. All three horses were on the grounds by 4:30 p.m., just as a brief rainstorm hit the track.
Belmont Park Notes 6/7
• Desormeaux rides Exaggerator Tuesday in final work for G1 Belmont
• One year later, Baffert 'glad to be a part of history'
• Hennig hopes that lightning will strike twice with Strike Charmer
• Pletcher weighs post position relevance in Belmont
• 'All is good' for Creator, Gettysburg
- Reunited with Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux for the first time since their 3 ½-length victory in the Grade 1 Preakness Stakes May 21, Exaggerator breezed five furlongs Tuesday morning in his final work prior to Saturday's 148th running of the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes.
Belmont Park Notes 6/6
• Gettysburg joins G1 Belmont field
• Creator works 'nice and steady' for Belmont
• Belmont-bound Suddenbreakingnews stretches his legs ahead of trip
• Desormeaux watches Exaggerator's Monday gallop for G1 Belmont
• Gunther family eyes Belmont with homebred Stradivari
• Europeans clear quarantine; Sloane Avenue on target for G1 Met Mile
• Belmont contenders Brody's Cause, Cherry Wine return to track Monday
• Lani team watching weather, could breeze Tuesday
- Early Monday afternoon, trainer Steve Asmussen informed New York Racing Association officials that Gettysburg, a horse he recently received from WinStar Farm LLC to train, will be entered in the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes June 11.
Sunday, June 05 2016
Belmont Park Notes 6/5
• Team McLaughlin takes aim at Belmont Racing Festival Stakes
• Stewart happy with G1 Belmont contenders Forever d'Oro, Seeking the Soul
• Sheer Drama arrives Sunday for Saturday's G1 Ogden Phipps
• Clement weighs G3 Jaipur options, Belmont hopeful Governor Malibu exits work in good order
• Fields coming together for Belmont Stakes Day
• Under the wire: Belmont contenders Destin, Stradivari walk Sunday
- While multiple graded stakes-winning 3-year-old Mohaymen gets some time off before launching a summer campaign, trainer Kiaran McLaughlin will be busy with several stakes runners during the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival.
Friday, June 03 2016
Belmont Park Notes 6/3
• Destin, Stradivari wrap up G1 Belmont preparations
• Belmont-bound Cherry Wine, Brody's Cause gallop ahead of Saturday breezes
• Governor Malibu turns in 'strong work' for Belmont
• Exaggerator gallops on Big Sandy
• Ironicus, Carrumba to represent McGaughey in Manhattan, Ogden Phipps
• Maiden Trojan Nation confirmed for Belmont
• Twilight Eclipse, Ready for Eye ready for Belmont Stakes Racing Festival spots
• Strike Charmer primed for G1 Just A Game
• Upstart works for G1 Met Mile
- Beating the light rain that began to fall at Belmont Park Friday morning, Todd Pletcher worked both his Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes hopefuls, Destin and Stradivari, at 7:45 a.m. on the training track.
Saturday’s Rainbow 6 Carryover Jackpot Pool Guaranteed at $300,000
First Post for Summit of Speed Preview Card: 12:45 p.m.
Stonestreet’s Perfect Kay Scoots to Impressive Debut Victory
Velasquez Returns to Gulfstream Winner’s Circle with Fawkes-Trained Filly
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL
– Saturday’s Rainbow 6 Carryover Jackpot pool will be guaranteed at $300,000 at Gulfstream Park.
The popular multi-race wager went unsolved for the 17th consecutive racing day Friday, when multiple tickets with all six winners were each worth $173.36 .
Wednesday, June 01 2016
Belmont Park Notes 6/1
• Lani breezes for G1 Belmont
• Creator, Romans duo arrive at Belmont Park
• Exaggerator jogs over Belmont training track
• Wild About Deb under consideration for Belmont
- Koji Maeda's Japanese import Lani turned in a characteristically lengthy breeze early Wednesday morning, his penultimate work for the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes on June 11.
After walking a lap around the 1 ½-mile oval, the Kentucky-bred colt galloped into the far turn and picked up speed before the seven-eighths pole. Under exercise rider Eishu Maruucha, Lani gained momentum nearing the five-eighths pole, breezing fractions of :12 3/5 seconds, :25 and :37 for the opening three furlongs, according to NYRA clockers. The gray son of Tapit earned an official time of 1:02.09 for five furlongs and galloped out six furlongs in 1:15 4/5.