Thursday, June 06 2013
Florida Derby Winner Orb Morning-Line Favorite in Belmont Stakes
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL - Kentucky Derby and Besilu Stables Florida Derby winner Orb was made the 3-1 morning line favorite Wednesday for Saturday's 145th running of the Belmont Stakes (G1).
DAISY DEVINE TOPS SATURDAY’S EARLY TIMES MINT JULEP
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Wednesday, June 5, 2013) – Daisy Devine, winner of the 2012 Jenny Wiley (Grade I), will carry the top weight of 120 pounds when she takes on five fillies and mares in the 37th running of the $100,000-added Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (GIII) on Saturday at Churchill Downs.
SLIM SHADEY BACK FOR ANOTHER CRACK AT WHITTINGHAM
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (June 5, 2013)—Triple Grade II winner Slim Shadey will seek his first victory over the Betfair Hollywood Park turf course in the $200,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap Saturday
DELPARK STAKE ADVANCE: JOHN ROONEY
Bryan’s Jewel will be tough in Rooney turf or dirt
Wilmington, Del., June 5, 2013 — Regardless if the race is run on the turf or dirt, Barry and Joni Butzow’s Bryan’s Jewel figures to be one tough contender when she meets twelve foes in the $75,000 John W. Rooney Memorial at Delaware Park this Saturday. The mile-and-a-sixteenth turf affair for fillies and mares is named after the former vice-president of racing and vice-president of finance who served Delaware Park for 44 years. The Rooney is the local prep for the Grade III Robert G. Dick Memorial to be run on July 13.
Barn Notes: Wednesday, June 05, 2013
• Penn Mile Winner Rydilluc Targeting Secretariat
• Promising Juvenile Debuts for Hansen
Wednesday, June 05 2013
Always in a Tiz Out of Belmont Stakes; Connections Opt for Easy Goer
ELMONT, N.Y. – Always in a Tiz will not run in Saturday’s Grade 1, $1 million Belmont Stakes on June 8 at Belmont Park and instead will compete in the $150,000 Easy Goer Stakes on the undercard, according to The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) racing office.
$200,000 Brooklyn Handicap; $150,000 Jaipur
Quick Casablanca, Calidoscopio Give Brooklyn South American Flair; Mr. Commons Cuts Back in Jaipur
ELMONT, N.Y. – South American imports Quick Casablanca and Calidoscopio headline the Grade 2, $200,000 Brooklyn Handicap at 1 ½ miles on the main track, one of two graded stakes on Friday, the day before the Belmont Stakes.
Belmont Stakes Notes
• Derby winner Orb continues to flourish at home track
• Preakness winner Oxbow jogs after Monday evening arrival from Kentucky
• Repole confirms Midnight Taboo and Unlimited Budget; quiet morning for all five members of the “Todd Squad”
• Napravnik hopes to make history in Belmont
• Freedom Child has an uneventful morning
• Vyjack breezes five furlongs in 59.00
• Always in a Tiz remains on bubble for Belmont
• Giant Finish breezes a half in 49.04
• NYRA to match funds donated on Belmont Stakes Day for Oklahoma tornado victims
Calder Stakes Advance
SUMMIT PREVIEW ATTRACTS EXPERIENCED CROWD
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (June 4, 2013) – The Summit Preview, which consists of four stakes races run at 6 furlongs each that are held one month prior to the Summit of Speed, drew an experienced set of runners for Saturday, June 8, at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Read more articles in the Calder
Tuesday, June 04 2013
Belmont Stakes Notes
• Orb ‘fine’ morning after Sunday breeze; Pletcher awaiting final decision from owner Repole; Incognito set for Belmont Stakes following Sunday breeze; Always in a Tiz decision to come Tuesday; Oxbow and Will Take Charge scheduled to arrive this evening
• McPeek confirms Frac Daddy for Belmont Stakes
• Rain prompts Rodriguez to postpone Vyjack’s breeze to Tuesday
• NYRA to offer a Secretariat poster giveaway on Friday
Saturday, June 01 2013
Belmont Stakes Notes
• Always in a Tiz works for possible start in Belmont; decision Monday on Frac Daddy
• Orb, “Todd Squad”and Incognito to breeze Sunday
• Giant Finish, Freedom Child to work Monday; Vyjack either Monday or Tuesday; Preakness winner Oxbow to arrive Monday
Barn Notes: Saturday, June 01, 2013
• Promising Work All Week Headlines Cammack Nominations
• Third Chance Contestants May Meet Again in Isaac Murphy
PROMISING WORK ALL WEEK HEADLINES CAMMACK NOMINATIONS
Midwest Thoroughbreds’ rising star sprinter Work All Week leads the nominations for next Saturday’s Addison Cammack Handicap at Arlington International Racecourse. The athletic son of swift sire City Zip has won all three of his races this year by a combined 24 lengths without ever being headed.