Monday, June 02 2014
Belmont Park Notes 6/2
• Triple Crown hopeful California Chrome back on the track Monday morning
• Matterhorn officially on board for June 7 Belmont Stakes; Commissioner and others doing well after weekend works
• Tonalist still in good shape following Saturday morning breeze
• Wicked Strong doing well exiting Sunday breeze; Jerkens ready for Belmont Stakes
• Commanding Curve and other Stewart horses in fine fettle after weekend tune-ups
• Ride On Curlin ready for third leg of Triple Crown, according to Gowan
• Mott runners Matuszak, Close Hatches ready to go in Saturday stakes
• Sanchez, Azpurua closer to making decision on Social Inclusion
Sunday, June 01 2014
Belmont Park Notes; Sunday, June 1
• Triple Crown hopeful California Chrome emerges from final Belmont Stakes breeze in fine fettle
• Belmont contender Ride On Curlin has first work since runner-up finish in Preakness
• Wicked Strong turns in quick work over training track
• Commanding Curve pleases Stewart with main track breeze
• Commissioner, Matterhorn breeze in company for Belmont Stakes; Palace Malice, Princess of Sylmar among other workers for Pletcher
• Hall of Famer Bill Mott sends Matuszak out for five-furlong Belmont tune-up
• Tonalist emerges from Saturday breeze in good shape
Saturday, May 31 2014
Belmont Park Notes: Saturday, May 31
• Tonalist puts in final work before Belmont Stakes
• Belmont Stakes hopeful Samraat tunes up at Aqueduct Racetrack
• Social Inclusion turns in fast three-furlong breeze on Saturday; final decision on Belmont Stakes or Woody Stephens to be announced tomorrow
• General a Rod joins Belmont Stakes field following Saturday workout at Churchill Downs
• Medal Count breezes at Churchill Downs, arrives for Belmont Thursday
California Chrome has final breeze for Triple Crown try
ELMONT, N.Y. - With a strong wind at his back as he came through the Belmont Park stretch, Triple Crown hopeful California Chrome breezed a half-mile in 47.69 seconds this morning in his final serious move before the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes on June 7.
Friday, May 30 2014
Belmont Park Notes, Friday, May 30
• Belmont Stakes hopeful Commanding Curve arrives at Belmont
• Beholder ships in, ready for G1 Ogden Phipps
• Goldencents arrives in Belmont, targeting G1 Met Mile
• Kid Cruz breezes six furlongs in 1:14.53, still possible for Belmont Stakes
• Grade 1's on Belmont Stakes undercard taking shape
Rainbow 6 Survives; Saturday’s Carryover Jackpot Has $50,000 Guarantee
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – There were two live unique 20-cent Rainbow 6 tickets heading into the last race Friday at Gulfstream Park. Had either No. 7 Dardanian or No. 10 Lord Lemon prevailed in the eighth race a lucky ticket holder would have cashed for a jackpot carrying a $50,000 guarantee on the first racing day since last Monday’s mandatory payout. Neither horse finished in the money.
California Chrome schools in gate, ready to breeze tomorrow morning
ELMONT, N.Y. - Triple Crown hopeful California Chrome took a brief detour to school in the starting gate around 6:40 Friday morning before galloping around the Belmont Park oval.
With New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) starter Roy Williamson supervising, the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner was loaded into a stall in the starting gate on the backstretch, where he stood quietly for several moments with his hind end pressing against the back of the gate.
Thursday, May 29 2014
California Chrome schools in paddock before turning in routine gallop
ELMONT, N.Y. - California Chrome, who is aiming for a sweep of the Triple Crown, schooled in the paddock for the first time on Thursday before proceeding to gallop two miles over the Belmont Park main track.
The 3-year-old, who is slated to compete in the Grade 1, $1.5 million Belmont Stakes on June 7 at Belmont Park, walked around the paddock shortly after 6 a.m. before standing in a stall for approximately five minutes. He then proceeded through the tunnel and onto the main track where he jogged clockwise to the half-mile pole before commencing his usual counter-clockwise two-mile gallop.
Wednesday, May 28 2014
California Chrome still raring to go on Wednesday
ELMONT, N.Y. - Triple Crown hopeful California Chrome on Wednesday picked back up where he left off the previous day, showing the same eagerness he displayed a day earlier when galloping his customary two-mile circuit on an overcast morning at Belmont Park.
Monday, May 26 2014
Jack Milton propels Pletcher to top of all-time earnings list
ELMONT, N.Y. - Jack Milton pushed six-time Eclipse Award winning trainer Todd Pletcher to the top of the North American all-time earnings list on Monday with an emphatic 2 ¾-length victory in the Grade 3, $300,000 Poker on Belmont Park's Widener turf course.
Belmont Park Notes: Monday, May 26
• Matterhorn purchased by Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners, now possible for Belmont Stakes; Comissioner, Palace Malice, and Princess of Sylmar emerge from Sunday works in good shape
• Matuszak breezes for G1 Belmont, Close Hatches for G1 Phipps
• Wicked Strong exits one-mile breeze in good shape
• Tonalist on key following Sunday breeze
Sunday, May 25 2014
Belmont Park Notes 5/25
• Clement pleased with Tonalist's breeze for G1 Belmont Stakes
• Wicked Strong goes a mile in preparation for the "Test of the Champion"
• Samraat ships to Belmont Park, tunes up for Belmont Stakes with one-mile breeze
• Intense Holiday to miss Belmont with injury after work in company with Commissioner; Palace Malice, Princess of Sylmar breeze for Belmont Stakes Day races
• Social Inclusion arrives at Belmont for either Belmont Stakes or G2 Woody Stephens; G1 Met Mile ruled out