HALLANDALE BEACH, FL — Here’s one more thing some segments of the racing industry can blame on The Stronach Group. The press release that follows is the first communication I’ve received from any racetrack that it is addressing the health concerns of its on-track audience. To wit:
By Gulfstream Park Staff — “At 1/ST, the health and safety of you, our guest, is our top priority.
“During this time of uncertainty related to the outbreak of COVID-19, we want to assure you that our team is working diligently to prioritize the well-being of all patrons at Gulfstream Park while we remain open for business across the racetrack, casino and the Village.
At Gulfstream Park we have implemented a number of procedures and protocols designed to maintain a sanitary environment for all who use our facilities. Some of our measures include:
- Company Task Force – Creating a company-wide task force to monitor the situation in real time and to develop protocols to be carried out across all 1/ST venues and companies.
- Increased Hygiene Protocols – Emphasizing the importance of hand washing and hygiene for all guests and employees by increasing the signage posted in restrooms promoting best practices and adding new hand washing stations around our venues.
- Visible Hand-Sanitization Stations – Making hand sanitizer available and promoting its use.
- Increased Cleaning Schedules – By doubling-down on our cleaning and disinfecting efforts on all high-touch areas and ensuring that our cleaning teams are working around the clock to sanitize those areas.
- Reduction of Surface Contact – By implementing a “Doors Open” policy whereby doors that are not required to be closed for security or safety reasons are left open, thereby eliminating the need for patrons to touch the doors and handles.
We thank you for being a loyal guest and encourage you to exercise good judgment and to stay at home and rest should you feel ill. You can continue to be part of the action by viewing our racing remotely via Gulfstreampark.com or on our 1STBET app.
We are committed to remaining vigilant while we continue to do what we do best – deliver world-class Thoroughbred racing, hospitality and entertainment along with a unique and fully engaging experience for our fans and guests.
The 1 /ST Team”