By HRI Staff — Divining the winners of today’s Opening Day turf races at Gulfstream Park are the key to success in Friday’s Stronach 5 . The pool is guaranteed at $100,000 and the takeout is 12%.
The sequence Includes Races from Laurel and Golden Gate. The Championship Meet begins Friday and two turf races from the South Florida track will play a key role in hitting the popular wager.
Friday’s Stronach 5 Lineup:
· Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (8 entries, 7 furlongs) 3:50 ET, 12:50 PT
· Leg Two –Golden Gate Fields 2nd Race: (6 entries, 1 mile) 4:18 ET, 1:18 PT
· Leg Three –Laurel Park 9th Race: (8 entries, 6 furlongs) 4:20 ET, 1:20 PT
· Leg Four –Gulfstream Park 9th Race: (12 entries, one mile turf) 4:30 ET, 1:30 PT
· Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 10th Race: (12 entries, 1 1/16 miles turf) 5 ET, 2 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.