By Marc Lawrence, Playbooksports.com — Nate Davis of the USA Today updates the NFL Power Rankings heading into today’s action. Here’s how he sees it…
1. Packers: QB Aaron Rodgers’ mangled toe got some rest, and Pro Bowlers David Bakhtiari, Za’Darius Smith and Jaire Alexander are all primed to return soon. That type of late-season boost – combined with the NFC’s easiest remaining schedule (.408 combined opponent winning percentage) – might actually enable the Pack to break away from the NFC’s … pack.
2. Buccaneers: WR Chris Godwin doesn’t get nearly as much pub as some of his more recognizable teammates, but his club-record 15 catches Sunday are indicative of what he means to NFC South leaders.
3. Cardinals: Arizona was a combined 5-11 in the second half of its first two seasons under coach Kliff Kingsbury. The Cards are 2-1 since Week 9 this year.
4. Patriots: With three throws in victory Monday night, rookie QB Mac Jones became the ultimate game manager! Enjoy a week at the beach, Mac, and a nice domed stadium (Indianapolis) after your break.
5. Chiefs: Coach Andy Reid is now 20-3 following bye weeks in the regular season – all the more reason for Kansas City to continue its surge toward what could be its fourth consecutive postseason initiated with a week off